Fiscal Year 2022 Community Project Funding Request Form DEADLINE: April 19, 2021
On March 4, 2021, the U.S. House Appropriations Committee (“Committee”) announced that the Committee will accept requests for community project funding (“CPF”) for the Fiscal Year 2022 appropriations process.
The new CPF program will allow Members of Congress to target federal funds towards projects and programs that will address the most significant needs facing the communities they represent. Only state, local, and tribal governments; publicly owned entities; and certain non-profit entities are eligible to request Community Project Funding.
Per the new rules enforced by the Appropriations Committee, my office is permitted to submit a limited number of CPF requests across all subcommittees for Fiscal Year 2022. Only eligible CPF requests that meet all the guidelines established by the Committee will be accepted:
You must be able to demonstrate that the request has community support. This requirement is integral for a successful CPF request, but it is flexible. Acceptable examples of community support include letters from elected officials, press articles, newspaper editorial board pieces, a state-intended use plan or community development plan, or a city council resolution.
The project or requesting entity must have no financial ties to the Member of Congress or his or her family.
Funding must be for FY 22 only.
If the project would normally require a funding match or cost share by a non-federal entity, then the requesting entity will need to demonstrate that it can provide this match if it makes a CPF request. The Committee will conform to statutory match and cost-sharing requirements.
The recipient of the CPF must be a governmental entity or 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Requests made by for-profit entities are not permitted.
Please note that the Committee will only accept CPF requests for the accounts listed below. Also note that CPF requests will not be accepted by the State and Foreign Operations or Legislative Branch Subcommittees. If you submit a CPF request for any accounts other than those listed below, we will not be able to submit them.
The firm deadline for submission of CPF requests to our office is April 19th, 2021.
Please submit all of the requested information in its entirety in one Microsoft Word document via email at email@example.com by COB April 19th, and a member of my staff will contact you directly. If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact my Legislative Director Jake Hochberg at Jacob.Hochberg@mail.house.gov. We will not be able to process late or incomplete requests due to limited time constraints. If you have a question about our request form or whether your project request fits into one of the accounts below, please contact my office.
Please provide all information requested. Leaving blanks may lower your request’s chance of success.
Requesting Organization Info
- Name of requesting organization or entity:
- Type of entity:
- State, local, or tribal government
- Public entity
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Address of organization:
Your Point of Contact for This Request
- Phone number:
- Email address:
- Project name:
- Purpose of project:
- Postal address of project (or general location if not applicable):
- Requested funding amount for FY22:
- How would this project benefit the public and why would it be a good use of taxpayer dollars?
- Why should this request be considered a priority for the people of Illinois or Illinois’ 8th District?
- Please attach here any documentation that demonstrates local support for this project:
- Please provide a breakdown here of how this funding would be used (salaries, construction, etc.):
- Is this a new or ongoing project?
- What is the timeline of completion for this project and will this project require additional federal funding in future fiscal years?
- If the Appropriations Committee is not able to provide the full amount of funding requested, can this project start in a limited capacity?
- Is this project currently authorized in law? Where? If not applicable, please write “N/A”.
- If this project has been included in a presidential budget request, please indicate that here and detail how much and in what fiscal year:
- If this project has received any funding in the past, from either a public or private source, please detail that here:
- If you are proposing report language to accompany this CPF request, please write that language here and indicate if similar language has ever been included in a previous year:
- If this project requires a non-federal cost-share, please indicate that here and explain how you can demonstrate that the non-federal share will be met:
- Does any derogatory information, as well as any potentially mitigating information, exist that would render the entity potentially unsuitable for receiving community project funding? Please explain if applicable.
- If submitting multiple requests, please rank this request in terms of priority:
- Please list all Members of the House and Senate who are receiving this request: