H.R. 2, “Surface Transportation” Requests DEADLINE: April 5, 2021
This Congress, the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee is advancing surface transportation authorization legislation. Members are allowed project designations. For entities interested in applying for matching federal funding from the Highway Trust Fund, please submit information about the project, including name, location, start date, estimated completion date, and project type.
In addition to this basic project information, the T&I Committee will require all submissions to the following information for each project requested:
- Documentation that the project is on the State, Tribal, or territorial transportation improvement program (STIP); and on the metropolitan transportation improvement program (TIP), if applicable
- Sources of funding for the full share of the cost of the project beyond the amount requested
- Letter(s) of support from the State department of transportation, or local government, transit agency, or other non-Federal sponsor
- A description of the process that has been or will be followed to provide an opportunity for
public comment on the project
- Project phase (e.g. Planning, Final Design, Construction)
- NEPA category of action (e.g. Categorical Exclusion, Environmental Assessment, Environmental Impact Statement)
- Status of environmental review
- Whether the project has received Federal funding previously, and if so, the source and amount
Please submit all of the requested information in its entirety via email at email@example.com by COB April 5th.